Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Once again, I have neglected to post here for awhile. I constantly read a lot of others blogs and I am still amazed by how well written they are and the consistency with which they are written. I can come up with a bunch of excuses for not writing more, but none of them are any good. I'm just lazy I think and that's the bottom line.

Moving on. I seem to have settled into a weight that my body just doesn't want to budge from. I have constantly been in the 168-169 lbs range for weeks now. I am not sure if I am just lacking the motivation to get down to my goal of 160 or if I'm happy with where I'm at. My scale indicates that I fluctuate between 17 and 19% body fat. This also is higher than I want it but apparently not higher than I am willing to live with since here I sit. I think I need to find a new motivating factor to push me to hit the goals I have set for myself. I've worked fairly hard to get to this point it seems like it should be easy to push on through but........

A buddy of mine is in week 8 of the couch to 5k training. This means that he is running for 28 minutes now. Since I have already completed c25k I thought it would help motivate him if I dropped down to the 28 minute mark again and than he and I could virtually race each other with the Nike+'s we have. Well long story short it's motivating one of us and I don't think it's him. HE SMOKED ME. That just sucks. He is running a good 15 seconds a mile faster than I am right now. At least I have a great motivator in the running department now. I turned in an 8:59 per mile average today. Since this is the fastest average for me since my 5k, I think chasing some one is great motivation.

I'm loving the mountain bike, I forgot just how much fun exercise can be. I'm lucky to live here in Colorado and have a lot of trails and beautiful scenery for my rides. I'll try to post some scenic pictures later.

I think that is enough for now. Keep digging everyone.

1 comment:

tamblair said...

Don't get discouraged about your weight loss. At least you haven't gained a few pounds like me!! I think it always takes the longest for those final few to come off. Glad you are enjoying the bike!! What did your wife get out of the stimulus check, though?