Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Toy. Errrrrrrrr Um Aerobic facilitating device.

Somewhere along the line, I convinced my awesome wife that I needed a bike in order to continue the enlivening process of me getting back in shape. I'm proud to say that it only took a month of cajoling plus the President convincing us to stimulate the economy to convince my wife that I needed this mountain bike. So here she is. Meet Trek 6000. Is the bike perfect? By all means no. It's not top of the line of anything, its not the bike that everyone has to have. It was however the bike that I had to have. The first time that I sat on it a month ago I knew. This was the one. Now that I have taken her out a couple of times there are a couple of things that I need to have adjusted I think. The front rotor tends to rub on the brake at higher speeds, and the gears really clink and clank while shifting to higher or lower gears.(I'm not sure of the definitions yet so I am not sure if it is the higher or lower gears yet.) All I know is its the gears that make me pedal really really fast while pedalling up hill. My back tire seems to be a little low on air pressure and I plan on rectifying that by buying a tire gauge tomorrow and seeing if its low. It sure
does feel like it while I'm dragging up a hill.
One problem that does arise from including my new aerobic facilitating device into my current workout routine, is trying to figure out how to include running 3 days a week followed by riding three more times and lifting twice a week. If I'm adding right that's 8 workouts that I need to fit into an seven day schedule. HMMMMMM................Problems arise here. To add to the confusion, I always want to run the day before I ride. This is due to the fact that my legs are dead after a ride and thus not conducive to a successful run. Now I only plan on lifting twice a week which already disturbs me because I'd like to do more. However it's the most tedious of the three and something has to give. I AM NOT a morning person so running at 5 am it is essentially out of the question.
If anyone has a good idea about how to fit this all in I'm all ears. Just remember I don't want to bike and run on subsequent days. My legs are too weak for that and I hate failing at two things instead of one.
Well I guess that is enough for now. if anyone wants to tell me which bike I should have bought or has a great idea on how to get all of my different exercise routines in, feel free to let loose with the comments.
Goodness knows I could use the advice right now, cause I'm kinda stuck and don't like not having a plan.


PS. I really seemed to have hit a wall on the weight loss plateau. I know that a lot of this has to do with the fact I havent been hitting it as hard as I want to. However, there must be something else going on. Anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

tamblair said...

I don't know what to tell you about how to fit it all into your schedule. But probably adding a new activity will stimulate your weight loss again. I wouldn't know - I haven't lost a single pound!! Like your new look for your page, too!

NB said...

Hey there,
Congrats on the first 5K, great times.
Dont you feel proud- I couldnt stop smiling the whole day when I finished the 5K.
Congrats on the bike too, it will be great for the XT.
Keep running and blogging!